My First Day in Yale


      New Haven gave me a lively first impression when I arrived. The campus or say the city was full of people walking around, talking, and enjoying themselves. The air is fresh and clean. Everywhere I looked, I saw green lawns, which made the city feel open and welcoming. The mix of old buildings and green spaces created a nice balance between nature and city life. The energy of the people and the beautiful surroundings made it a very inviting place. But on June 30th, when I checked-in, it was so hot at noon, it felt like I was taking a sweat bath. 

After registering and settling into the dorm, we had the evening orientation. The staff here are very nice and thoughtful. They informed us about living on the Yale campus, including but not limited to handling emergencies (like if you're injured, lost, or locked out), meal times, campus activities, and, oh yes, the most important thing: curfew. We need to check-in at the building B, the office, every night between 9:30 to 11:00. I won't forget that I wish.





Comments

  1. Very descriptive and comfortable writing - quite impressive as an in-class writing assignment. Thank you, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts