A Nice Friday

Last Friday, we spent the day at a large, beautiful lake. The air was incredibly fresh, and the lake water was crystal clear. The weather was perfect, with bright sunshine overhead. We started our day by enjoying various flavors of pizza along with some refreshing cold drinks.

Afterward, my friend Ice and I decided to kayak. It was my first time trying this activity. After a bit of learning, I quickly got the hang of it. A stroke to the left, a stroke to the right; you paddle in the opposite direction of where you want to turn. It was really fun!


Around 3 PM, we set off back to school. After a long, hot hour or so, we finally returned to Morse College. My friends and I took a cab to Target to buy some essentials. The trip to Target was fun and productive. I managed to find a small, practical hairdryer, which I had been needing for a while, along with some laundry pods and dryer sheets to keep my clothes fresh and clean. We also picked up some snacks, including a bag of mixed frozen berries that looked too good to pass up. However, a slight mishap occurred when the berries stained my jeans, giving me an unintended "artistic" look. Luckily, the stains washed out later, much to my relief.

After returning to school, we decided to explore the area around campus. We found a nearby Sichuan restaurant that caught our interest. As someone from Chengdu, I didn't think it was very authentic, but everyone was excited to try it out. The flavors were different from what I was used to, but the food was still quite enjoyable. It was a pleasant experience seeing my friends enjoy the cuisine from my hometown, even if it wasn't exactly the same.

Comments

  1. What a busy and productive day that was!
    May all your time here be similarly filled with various pleasures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts